RASPBERRY CREAM CHEESE TART
Cream cheese is one of my favorite ingredients to bake with since it’s so versatile. It can create very tasty savory recipes - for example - Crab Puffs, to amazing sweet recipes like my RASPBERRY CREAM CHEESE TART.
This recipe is actually a take on a recipe my Tia Conchi makes for Christmas. A very basic cheesecake filling supported by a delicious graham cracker crust. I decided to make this into a tart since I love cheese cake, but sometimes it is just too much all at once. By making it as a tart, you get to enjoy the whole idea of cheesecake without having to eat a huge slice of it. Trust me, there are days when I want that thick slice of cheesecake, but for those days I want just a bite …… this is the perfect recipe. I have added fresh raspberries, since cheesecake and raspberries are a great combination. I think the picture speaks for itself, it’s creamy and sweet with a burst of freshness from the berries.
Ingredients for the crust:
Temp for crust: 375 degrees
1. Using a food processor, crush the graham crackers until they are a fine crumb. (note, if you do not have a food processor, take a large plastic bag, add the graham crackers, remove air from bag and seal. Using a rolling pin, roll over the crackers until they are crushed to a small crumb)
2. Add the melted butter, sugar and nutmeg. Pulse until well blended.
3. Pour crust mixture into tart pan. Using your fingers, spread mixture until the bottom of the tart pan is covered. Press softly.
5. Cool crust while you make the filling
Oven Temp for tart: 350 degrees
6. In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese using a hand mixer for about 2 minutes until it is creamy.
8. Beat in sugar and sweetened condensed milk.
9. Add lemon juice and vanilla. Beat until blended. Mixture will have the consistency of yogurt.
11. Place individual raspberries into the cream cheese mixture going in a circle about every two inches (tops will show) .
12. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes (until the center is set)
14. Remove from oven and cool for another 30 minutes.