SPICY SALSA SALMON
Looking for a fresh and healthy dinner for you and your family? That’s exactly how I would describe this latest recipe… Healthy and Fresh. If you like fish and love salsa, like I do, this is a great way to combine the two for a quick and delicious meal. The Salmon turned out moist and flakey and the salsa adds a tangy and spicy twist to your basic baked fish recipe. It only took about one hour - from prep to finish. And here’s the best part - if you like to plan dinners ahead for your family, you can actually make the recipe a day ahead, reheat just before serving and it tastes just as good. (tip listed below).
Happy Cooking Everyone!
One pound of Salmon (with skin on bottom)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
2-3 Roma tomatoes, chopped
2 green onions, chopped
1 seeded & cropped Jalapeno pepper (optional)
1 garlic clove, minced
½ teaspoon salt
¼ crushed pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
Small jelly roll pan 10 ½ x15 ½ x1
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Cover the jelly roll pan completely with foil. Spray with oil.
2. Place Salmon in jelly roll pan, skin side down. Set aside.
3. Make the salsa to go over salmon - chop cilantro, tomatoes and green onions and jalapeno (if using). Add minced garlic. Stir. Place in small bowl.
4. Add the juice of 1 lemon to chopped ingredients in bowl, being careful not to get any seeds. Add salt, pepper, and olive oil. Stir.
5. Pour salsa evenly over the salmon.
6. Cover salmon with a large piece of foil, sealing the jelly roll pan.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
8. Serve with rice.
9. Tip for making the day ahead:
You can bake this dish the night before as directed above - cool, cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator. The day you are serving it, remove the plastic wrap and just heat it up in the oven (350 degrees for 5-8 minutes) or Microwave (2 minutes). Chop up one Roma tomato, add a quick squeeze of lemon to the tomato, and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper to taste (mini fresh salsa). Top the Salsa Salmon with this mixture and serve. Poof! Delicious dinner in 10 minutes!