MINI CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE CHEESECAKES for an occasion!!
If you like cheesecake and love homemade chocolate chip cookies, you need to give this recipe a try! It was delicious! The chocolate chip cookie is the base of this wonderful mini cheesecake. I have to say I was skeptical until I did the first batch, then I was HOOKED!! And the best part is this recipe is perfect for any occasion. In the last month, I have made this recipe three times. 1st time was for a baby shower, 2nd time my sisters birthday and the 3rd time , they were featured as one of the many desserts Faye and provided for my annual Halloween party. So I guess you can say this Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecakes has gone through three test runs and each time it was just as good and a hit at each party! Another advantage to the recipe is you can make the cookie base a few days before your actually going to make the recipe. In addition, once the Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecakes are done, you can store them in a air tight container for 2-3 day before you even serve them.Then just top off with fresh whipped cream and sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top. If you planning a party and want a show stopping dessert , this is the perfect dessert to serve.
INGREDIENTS FOR THE COOKIE
1 cup butter (soften)
¾ cup Brown Sugar
¾ cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 large eggs (room temperature, lightly beaten)
2 ½ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
INGREDIANTS FOR CHEESECAKE
4 packs of cream cheese (8oz each) (soften)
2 (14oz) cans of sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
4 large eggs (room temperature)
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups of Heavy cream
1/3 cup confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup for mini chocolate chips (for decorating)
48 aluminum muffin wrapper
Spray oil (like Pam)
1. Recommend you make the cookie dough, 1 or 2 day before you plan to make the cheesecakes. It will save you a lot of time.
1. Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat the cup of butter with brown and white sugar until it is fluffy.
3. Add the vanilla and beaten eggs.
4. Slowly beat in the flour mixture that you had set aside. Do not over beat. One its incorporated, stop.
5. Stir in 2 cups of semi chocolate chips.
6. Divide the dough into two parts. Lay out two large pieces of saran wrap, pour half the chocolate dough on each piece, wrap as a log.
7. Put into Freezer for at least 1 hour or overnight.
8. Once you ready to start and dough has been chilled, preheat oven to 325 degrees
9. Line 48 muffin cups ( I used 2 pan which is 24 muffin, then reused the pans for a total of 48 mini cheesecakes), Spray with spray oil (like PAM)
10. Take one of the cookie dough logs and chop the dough. It should be enough to fill 24 cups in one log. You just add a couple pieces into each cup.
11.Bake for 10 minutes Cookie will spread on the muffin cup. Remove from oven as you make the filling
1. While the cookies are baking , make the filling. In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk till it is creamy. Slowly add in the sweetened condensed milk one can at a time. Mix in the vanilla at the end.
2. Using a 1 tablespoon measurement, pour 2-3 tablespoons into each muffin cup over the baked cookie.
3. Bake for another 15 minutes.
4. Remove from oven and Cool for 15 minute .Then remove each individual cup from muffin pan and place on wire rack to cook.
5. Repeat the whole process using the second cookie dough log.
6. Once all the mini cheesecakes have cooled, remove the aluminum cups and place each mini cheesecake into a large plastic Tupperware lined with wax paper and put in the refrigerator until you are ready to use.
1.once you are ready to serve. Whip the cream , confectioners sugar and vanilla in your kitchen add with the whisk attachment (or you hand mixer). Beat until it forms soft peaks.
2. Put whipped cream into a large ziplock bag, cut the tip and a decorating tip ( you do not have one, that is ok, just use the bag without the metal tip). Decorate the top of each mini cheesecake with whipped cream and then sprinkle with mini chocolate chips. Serve.