Baked Bacon Mashed Potatoes
The other night I was looking for a good side dish to serve with some homemade meatloaf. I had this recipe from one of those little cards you get in the mail occasionally. The premise sounds good, but just a bit boring. So I decided to add a few more ingredients and Perfection!. This BAKED BACON MASHED POTATOES dish is delicious! It’s funny, when eating mash potatoes, the main thing I like to do is smother them with gravy. Let’s just say, no need for gravy with this dish! This perfect side dish for any protein you might be making for dinner. Creamy and flavorful. A potatoes lover’s dream.
Happy cooking everyone
8 potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
4 oz Cream cheese
½ cup sour cream (light)
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup chopped green onions
4 slices of crispy bacon, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
½ black pepper
½ teaspoon paprika
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F
a. Add spray oil to a 2 quart pan. Set aside
b. Put cubed potatoes in a large pot. Add enough water to cover. Add 1 teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil for about 15 minutes. Potatoes will be tender when using a fork to test.
c. Crisp up bacon. Cool and chop.
1. Once potatoes are done, drain (but keep about 1/4 cup of the potatoes water). Add cooked potatoes into a large bowl.
2. In the large bowl, add the reserved water, cream cheese, butter, sour cream, green onions and bacon, salt and pepper.
3. With a hand mixer, beat everything together, do not over beat.
4. Spoon the potatoes into the prepared casserole dish.
5. Sprinkle paprika on top.
6. Bake for 15- minutes
7. Serve with meatloaf and veggies