Faye and I both have the privilege to be able travel with our careers. In April and May, both Faye and I were in Hong Kong, China and India separately. With both of us being foodies, we love the opportunity to see how other cultures eat and cook. In my recent trip to India (wonderful, loving people!), I was treated to some delicious Indian mangos! So with mangos on my mind, I created this yummy mango bread. I kept the mango as true to itself as possible (in other words, not making it into a pulp). I wanted to make sure everyone knew the type of bread they were eating. The flavor of fresh mango, baked into a bread with a little hint of spice. I hope you enjoy this recipe!
2 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 cup white sugar
2 large eggs
¾ cup vegetable oil
2 cups mango (about 2 large mangos)
2 cups powder sugar
2-3 tablespoons guava juice
1. Can an 8"x4 ½" loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
3. In a medium size bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, salt and sugar. Mix till well combined. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, beat eggs with oil till combined.
6. To batter add, fresh mango and mix with a spoon till combined.
While bread is cooling, make the glaze:
9. In a small bowl, combine powder sugar with guava juice. Gradually add the grava juice till the consistence is thick but still thin enough to pour.
10. Once bread is cool, pour the glaze over the bread and let dry.