Peach Blueberry Muffins
We recently had some of Earl's friends visiting from Florida (great people! ), and I wanted to make something special for breakfast. Sooo… what do I make? Well, my Anytime Anywhere Muffin recipe. I have posted this recipe before and use it all the time, see link below:
If you're not the best baker or you're personally afraid of baking, this really is the recipe for you. It uses basic ingredients, is easy to make and tastes great. I make this recipe at least twice a month since it's so versatile and easy to put together. The version I am sharing today is a Peach Blueberry Muffin. This recipe changes with the seasons, since the peaches are so perfectly sweet at the market right now, this is perfect recipe to use. (I have made Strawberry, Blueberry, Banana-Nut, Chocolate Chip, Oatmeal Strawberry.. pretty much any combination works ).
Today’s version is a delicious combination of Peaches Blueberries with a hint of cinnamon… yummy.. I wish you could have smelled them baking, they smelled delicious. So grab a cup of coffee and enjoy! I really hope you give this recipe a try, it's worth the 45 minutes to make and bake!
Peach Blueberry Muffins
Makes 10 large or 12 regular size muffins
Ingredients:1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
½ cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 large egg beaten
¾ cup whole milk (but you can use 1%-2%, that’s fine)
¼ cup vegetable oil (Canola oil is fine too)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup wild blueberries
¼ cup of Turbinado sugar ( any type of sugar will work)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Line a muffin pan with 12 liners ( I made my muffins a bit bigger so I only needed 10)
Dice the peach
1. In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Whisk till all combined.
2. Add the diced peach and blueberries. Make sure the fruit is coated with the flour mixture and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine egg, milk , oil and vanilla. Mix well.
4. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture. Add the egg mixture. Using a wooden spoon, combine the flour and egg mixture together. Do not over mix. Just make sure that all is combined and moistened.
5. Using a large spoon or cookie scoop, spoon a large spoonful of muffin batter into each muffin cup.
6. Sprinkle each muffin with the Turbinado sugar.
7. Bake for 20 minutes
8. Cool for 5 minutes, ENJOY!