Sunday, December 22, 2013

Red Velvet White Chocolate Crinkle Cookies

Where the heck has December gone? Seriously, does anyone know?? With only a few days left until Christmas, I wanted to do some last minute cookie baking for my husband to take to work.  Every year my husband's coworkers look forward to the Christmas cookies he brings to work during the holidays. Last weekend we had our annual Christmas Cookie Bake (post on that to follow), but I have been dying to try this recipe for Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies that I saw on Cooking Classy, one of my favorite food blogs.
 
 
 
This cookie seriously tastes like a Red Velvet Cupcake in cookie form. So good! I've made the recipe several times, a few times testing out some substitutions, but I found that I prefer the original recipe as written (using buttermilk and fresh lemon juice). Definitely use those ingredients if you can. The one thing I do recommend is increasing the amount of white chocolate chips by 1/4 cup (total 1 1/4 cups).
 
Here's the link to the original recipe. I hope you check it out and give the recipe a try. Santa will definitely not be mad at you if you do!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment