Saturday, June 9, 2012

PARMESAN TURKEY MEATBALLS



Who doesn’t love a good meatball when they’re eating spaghetti?  I love them!!

The other night I was trying to figure out how to make my wheat pasta a bit more exciting than plain sauce.  I had a package of ground turkey, so poof! I decided to make meatballs.  Since I’m trying to stay away from eating too much red meat - which I love - I created a turkey meatball recipe that perfectly fills that void.

This recipe is extremely easy - definitely more healthy than beef meatballs - but super tasty.  And the best part -  it takes nothing to make. Probably would take you longer to drive down to the store to buy some.  I hope you give this recipe a try. Let us know what you think. 

Happy Cooking everyone.



Ingredients


2 tablespoons olive oil

½ cup croutons, made into crumbs

1 package ground turkey

1 egg beaten

½ parmesan cheese

½ teaspoon salt

½ teaspoon pepper



Preheat oven to 350degrees

1.       Spray a 9x15 baking pan with cooking oil.

2.       In a food processor, grind croutons until they are a fine crumb.






3.      In a medium size bowl, add olive oil, crushed croutons, turkey, egg, parmesan, salt and pepper.


4.       Gently stir using your spoon or your hands until all is well blended.



5.       Using an ice cream scoop, make into 1 ½-inch balls and place on cookie sheet about 1 inch apart.



6.       Bake for 15 minutes and turn over and bake for another 5 minutes.


7.       Serve with your favorite pasta sauce and a side of veggies

1 comment:

  1. Love the simplicity and the comforting homey goodness of these turkey meatballs. And they're healthier too! :)

    ReplyDelete