If you enjoy baking… actually if you enjoy baked goods but don’t want to drive down to the store to get something sweet, this recipe is perfect! I usually crave a nice warm muffin on Saturday or Sunday mornings with a frothy cup of hot chocolate. But, instead of getting out of my PJ’s and driving down to the local bakery, I choose to bake my own muffins in just a matter of minutes. The reason I like this recipe is that it is easy, you usually have all the ingredients in your kitchen and it tastes delicious. I cannot even tell you how many times I have made this recipe and the numerous variations of muffins I have created. These muffins are fluffy, moist and have just the right amount of sweetness to satisfy any sweet tooth. If you have a little extra time, I say add the streusel topping. But with or without it they are just as delicious. Happy cooking everyone.
Muffin Ingredients: (adaption from Better homes and Garden cookbook)
1 ¾ cups of all purpose flour
½ cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup milk ( or ½ cup Half & Half and ¼ water)
Preheat oven 400 F
1. Line 12 muffin cups or spray cooking oil into the actual cups
2. In a mid-size bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt using a whisk (or a fork works just as well). In the center of the bowl, make a well.
3. In a small bowl, combine beaten egg, milk ,oil and vanilla until it is blended
4. Add the egg mixture to the well in the flour bowl.
5. Stir using a large spoon until the flour is incorporated into the egg mixture. Add any of the Optional ingredients listed above at this time. Do not over mix.
6. Spoon the batter into muffin cups. Fill cups about 2/3 full. If you are adding the Streusel topping. Add at this time evenly on each muffin.
7. Bake at 400F for 20 minutes. (Until golden brown). Remove from oven and cool for 5-10 minutes.
8. ENJOY! Serve with butter, yummy!