Friday, October 5, 2012

October Pink Ribbon Apple Bread

October Pink Ribbon Apple Bread
                                              (this years apples from the tree)

 
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month. This cause is very close to my heart since my Mom is a two time breast cancer survivor. Ten years cancer free this year. She is the strongest woman I know and I am proud to be her daughter.

Our company was doing a Breast Cancer Awareness day and asked everyone to wear pink in honor of the cause. I always do what I can to support this special cause, and I do it the best way I know.. I baked!! J
Everyone who chose to wear pink, was treated to delicious Apple Bread made with the apples from our tree. This year the tree produced a full bucket of apples!  I made 2 apple pies, 6 mini apple breads, 1 regular size apple bread and one jar of apple sauce.  Not bad, not bad at all….  Now back to the Apple bread, it was a hit. The bread is moist with a nice taste of cinnamon.  Since the apples are shredded, you can taste the freshness throughout the bread.  Delicious and perfect for the Fall and Winter months with a nice cup of coffee.. I hope you give this recipe a try, whether it’s for yourself or a special cause of your own.


                                                     Happy Cooking!!

Ingredients
1 ½ cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1 egg
¾ cup sugar
¼ cup vegetable oil
½ cup whipping cream
1 cup peeled then shredded apples
2 tablespoons sugar to sprinkle



Preheat oven to 350
1. Spray an 8x4x2 loaf pan (or two mini loaf pans) with non-stick spray
2. Mix together all the dry ingredients. Set aside.


3. Beat egg and add to sugar, vegetable oil and cream. 
4. Stir in shredded apple.



5. Add the dry ingredient mixture to the apple mixture. Do not over mix.


6. Pour into loaf pan and sprinkle with sugar.
7. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown on top and
the middle is set




7, Cool, then slice and eat


No comments:

Post a Comment