Tuesday, June 21, 2016

No Bake Cookie Butter S'mores Bites #CreativeCookieExchange

I've been on a bit of a S'mores kick lately. I recently made these decadent Nutella S'moreos for my Leftovers Club partner. There's something about S'mores that's synonymous with Summer don't you think?



The theme for this month's Creative Cookie Exchange was no bake cookies. After all, who wants to turn on the oven on a hot Summer day? Not me and I'm pretty sure you don't either. On those days, these No Bake Cookie Butter S'mores Bites are the perfect treat to satisfy your sweet craving.
So leave the oven off, grab an ice cold drink, kick back in front of the fan and enjoy one of these No Bake Cookie Butter S'mores Bites!





No Bake Cookie Butter S'mores Bites
Makes 12 large cookies or one 13"x9" pan


Ingredients:
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
3/4 cup cookie butter
6 cups mini marshmallows + 2 cups
6 cups Golden Grahams cereal
2 cups dark chocolate

Place the 2 cups of chocolate chips in the fridge 15 minutes prior to making. This will help keep them from melting.

Spray a 12 cup silicone muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray or line a 13"x9" pan with nonstick foil (alternatively line with regular foil and spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray).

Place the butter and cookie butter in a large pot and stir constantly until melted. Add the 6 cups of marshmallows and stir constantly until melted. Remove from heat and fold in the cereal then fold in the chocolate chips and remaining 2 cups of marshmallows.

Divide evenly between the muffin cups and press firmly. Allow to cool completely. Once cool, carefully remove from the pan and serve.

Store leftovers in an air tight container for up to 2 days.


To hot to turn on your oven? The theme this month for the Creative Cookie Exchange group is No Bake Cookies! If you are a blogger and want to join in the fun, contact Laura at thespicedlife AT gmail DOT com and she will get you added to our Facebook group, where we discuss our cookies and share links. You can also just use us as a great resource for cookie recipes--be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them here at The Spiced Life). We all post on the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking (or this month "no baking"), check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made:

12 comments:

  1. What a nice treat! S'mores flavors are so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you said to store leftovers - what leftovers? These would go quick around my house! I've never made anything with cookie butter before and something tells me I've been missing out. Now I've got. Recipe to give it a try. I know my grandson will thank me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I know, pretty silly of me, huh? I hope you give them a try and that you enjoy them!

      Delete
  3. What a cool combination of flavors!! I love these! Using cookie butter is genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! I was really happy with the way they turned out :)

      Delete
  4. Smores and summers .... of course !!! So simple too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These bites look great, I love anything to do with S'mores.

    ReplyDelete